Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Guess I'd Better Be Better...


I haven't done anything on this blog for so long..I am ashamed..

I'll pick up Ray's story in a while but in the meantime I'm going to post a couple of  recent photos of our pups.

The one above shows Zed on the left, our current Guiding Eyes For The Blind project,  shoulder to shoulder with his big "brother" Ray. They were poking their noses out of the Jeep window wondering what sort of treat we might have for them after coming out of the Port Clyde General Store.  They are always on the lookout for a treat!

The picture below shows Big Ray checking out one of the islands in a local lake that we frequent. This photo was taken last October, our last boat ride.



If anyone out there would like some info on raising a guide dog puppy for the blind check out this link..

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love water and I would like to be with you on the boot! We have lots of lakes and rivers here, but I was never on a boot! Ray, you look very confident on it! I wisch you lot of fun next spring!
    I visited your link and now I am their fan on facebook!
    Nice regards
    Arno

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arno..Ray and I would love to treat you to a boat ride!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see posts on this blog-

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless you for the work you do! it takes a very special person who can let go. i couldn't.

    i had a sweet russet/gold yellow lab named marigold for 14 yrs. i can hardly look at another yellow lab w/o thinking of her...

    thank you for finding my spot and leaving a comment. really appreciate it. and BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much TexWisGirl. It is hard to give them up but very rewarding. But 99% of the credit goes to my wife who is the "specical person".

      Delete